Canyon Lake is a city in Comal County, Texas, United States. It is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area. Canyon Lake is an enclave surrounded by the boundaries of New Braunfels.
A day trip to Canyon Lake, Texas, is a great way to spend a weekend. Grab your swimsuit and head over for some fun at the lake, enjoy a hike to explore nature, or stay in town and learn about local history. Here’s how to spend 24 hours in Canyon Lake:
- Start your day with coffee and breakfast at Sweet Basil’s. The patio has a beautiful view of the lake, and it’s super charming inside! You can’t go wrong with the coffee or any of their sweet treats.
- Next, head over to Canal Street for some fun in the water. They also have kayak rentals, fishing licenses, and bait & tackle for sale at the store. There’s plenty to do, and it’s a great place to spend the day with your family.
- After you’re done swimming, take a break and recharge at The Comal Inn for lunch or dinner. This is an iconic restaurant in town, and their food never disappoints! They serve up delicious German fare (the sausages are excellent), and you can’t leave without trying their special dessert, Black Forest Cake. Yum!
- Head to Canyon Lake Historical Museum next. Admission is free, and they have some seriously cool exhibits about the area’s history dating back thousands of years. They also give tours of the historic Leibbrandt Haus on the property.
- Spend the afternoon exploring nature in Krause Springs. This is a state park, so it’s a great place to camp if you have a camper or tent, but they also have picnic tables and grills that can be rented for day use. Take a hike through the trails and soak in the beautiful scenery
Canyon Lake is a magnificent destination, offering everything you might need for an unforgettable vacation. If you’re searching for a new place to go, Canyon Lake may be just what you’re looking for! Make sure not to miss out on any of the activities or events that happen all year!