Living at Canyon Lake, TX has its perks, and great food is one of them! There’s a wide variety of food and drink spots to choose from.
Whether you like deep-fried treats or summer salads, we got it!
• The Smokin’ Oak Barbecue & Catering Co. – If you’re looking for a down-home atmosphere and good ol’ fashioned Texas-style barbecue, this is the place to go! Even if you’ve got a bit of a sweet tooth they have amazing desserts to pick from.
• The Big Kahuna Grill – This grill offers anything from fresh seafood, steaks, and poultry to delicious appetizers and salads. They also have an outdoor bar for those who like to enjoy their meals or beverages alfresco style.
• Mom’s Diner – One of the more popular spots in town! It has traditional diner fare with some Mexican dishes thrown in as well. We recommend the Pancake Stacker which comes with three buttermilk pancakes topped with whipped butter and powdered sugar, three slices of thick-cut bacon or two sausage links, and a side of golden hash browns. This place is worth checking out when you’re in Canyon Lake!
• Longhorn Cafe – A Texas-style restaurant that serves everything from breakfast to dinner. You can enjoy everything from fried catfish fillet to their hungry man steak special.
• The Back Yard Bar & Grill – This spot is ideal for those who like to let loose. They have karaoke, weekend specials, and even live bands to play a little bit of music for their patrons. You can also partake in a friendly game of darts or pool!
Entertainment and Nightlife
• Angels & Outlaws Saloon – A good place to catch live music every night! They’ve got great bands that play everything from country classics to classic rock. This spot is popular among the locals so you can be sure it’s gonna be a fun time no matter what day it is.
• Bingo Palace – A local establishment that offers a variety of bingo games for its patrons. They also have a concession stand where you can purchase snacks to munch on while you play.
• Canyon Lake Community Center – This is a popular spot for various events and classes within the community! It has everything from aerobics to pottery classes, dance lessons, and cooking presentations. There are classes for all ages so everyone can join in the fun!
• Choke Canyon Winery – A great place to have some wine tasting or enjoy a glass of your favorite selection with your significant other. They also have live music that plays on select nights!
• Canyon Lake Theatre – A beautiful theatre that has its orchestra. This place is really popular for weddings and other functions! It can also be rented out for private events like birthday parties, baby showers, etc.
Living in Canyon Lake, Texas is an amazing experience. You can enjoy the outdoors during summer and go skiing or hiking during wintertime. The town itself is very laid back but has a lot of fun activities to offer its residents. With plenty of food and drink spots, there’s always something for everyone!